The history of this neat little town is intertwined with the votive statue, to be found in the Holy Virgin roman-catholic parish church in the Kiscell township of Celldömölk. The church was built in the 18th century in Baroque style under the guidance of Abbot Odó Koptik.
This magnificent building has a footprint of a Latin cross. It is 50 m long and 11 m wide. Between the 40m high towers of the western façade a wooden statue of Saint Anna can be seen in an arch field, a glass-mosaic image above the main ledge (József Falka, 1948), above the initials of the Holy Virgin can be seen. »»»
Pieces of pottery from the Roman Ages as well as findings from 140 graves from the Hungarian Conquest (896 A.D.) indicate the glorious past of the municipality of Ikervár.
Ikervár is one of the oldest municipalities of Vas county and the seat of the Batthyány family. Count Ladislaus Batthyány, the first Hungarian prime minister lived here.
The most valuable possession of Ikervár is the statue of Ladislaus Batthyány – the work of the sculptor Jenő Bory – erected using funds from the residents of the municipality. »»»
The city limist include a part of the Wolves forest, crossed by the route of the national blue tour, and home to the 300-year-old witch trees, protected Louis beeches, and pedunculated oak witness trees of József-manor.
Some monuments of interest int he village are the late-baroque catholic church (St. John the Baptist), the sights of which are the side-altar pieces by IstvánDorfmeister, academic painter from Vienna, the also late-baroque Káldy Castle (Pharmacy)… »»»
Kőszeg, lying in the north-west corner of Hungary – is regarded as one of the most charming small towns in Hungary. A myriad of historical and cultural treasures are to be unveiled. It is worth discovering the sights in the town of ‘honesty tills’.
It is a place where the bells toll also at 11 o’clock, treasuring the memories of the heroes of 1532, captain Miklós Jurisics and the defenders of the town. »»»
The parish house of the village located near Gyöngyös is one of the oldest int he county.
The title of its church is Saint John of Nepomuk. The sights of the village are the „Stations of the Cross” along Deák Ferenc Street leading to the Chapel located at the end of the street , constucted int he 19th century. »»»
The municipality of Sitke can be found 8km from Sárvár. its surroundings were characterised by volcanic activity 4.5 million years ago. The 230 metres tall Hercseg-mountain, another witness-mountain, came to existence as a result.
Viniculture on volcanic soil dates back to the Roman Empire. »»»
Springtime of Vas county in the Őrség region »»»
The Town of Szombathely was founded by caiser of Claudius a 2000 years ago. Also it is the ancienest town of Hungary. Szombathely has rich historical culture, religious heritage and natural resources.
The famous sights are: Main square, Cathedral, Iseum Savariense Centre Of Research and Archeological Collection, Ruin Garden István Járdány Paulovics, Kámon Arboretum of the Forest Research Institute. »»
The emblem of the settlement is the arboretum, founded by Count Andor Festetich, open for visitors throughout the year.
There are more than five hundred plant specialities in the park, which enjoys a country-level protected category. The 150-year-old Festetich castleis surrounded by the 13 hectare arboretum. The building of the castle was finished in 1855, by Count Andor Festetich. »»»
Ölbő is only 10.8 km from Sárvár. So it can be an excellent destination for a bike tour. Especially if we love herbs and alternative medicine. The St. Nicholas Medicinal Herb House and Kneipp Garden is located in Ölbő… »»»
The traditional village is ornamented by a number of castles, of which two are of particular importance.
One of them is the renovated, Classicist Ostffy-castle, built in the 18th century, being the most relevant historic building in the village. The other ornament of the settlement is the 19th century Einstetter-Weöres-Niczky mansion with Baroque effects, presently in private property. In the old days, the sixteen-year-old Sándor Petőfi spent a whole summer here, to commemorate which a memorial room was established in 1973. »»»